Saturday, November 7, 2009


Cleaned out one of the storage rooms today to glean stuff for a yard sale we're having next weekend. A lot of stuff from the beach house. When the first of it started moving out, I had myself a little cry and got that over with. Some things I won't part with, like the lamp Daddy made from a cypress knee, and the tiny little picture of a guy at a ship's wheel and Jesus resting his hands on his shoulders. Those things were in there for over 30 years and I can't bear to part with them. If I ever get another beach house, they'll go in that.

Tomorrow we start on the other room. This is hard, dirty, allergy-affecting work. I bet we won't make crap off of this. But it will be over and I can live in peace again.

Speaking of living in peace, Christmas certainly doesn't creep up on little cat feet anymore. I feel like it's already Christmas, and Halloween was just last Saturday. When I was a kid it seemed like it would take forever for Christmas to come after Halloween. Now it's like Oh, Hell. It's Christmas already?

No comments:

Post a Comment