Friday, January 1, 2010

2010

Man, I never imagined being in this year.

When I was a kid, I used to think about 2000, and marvel at how I'd be 36 on that fateful New Year's eve. I used to ponder who would still be alive; never considering who would be new in the world, like my own son.

I didn't even get crazy last night, and I slept from about 3 AM to 12. I fell back asleep when Tripp took a nap about 3 PM and slept 'til six. I guess my Hell-raising days are behind me now!

I have not made any resolutions. Really never have. I hope this year is better. I plan on visiting a psychiatrist this year to get on the right drug or mix of drugs to straighten me out once and for all. What had worked for a long time is no longer helpful. I've been dealing with emotional illness, depression, and anxiety disorder for over twenty years and I don't intend to spend the rest of whatever time I have left feeling the same ways.I owe it to myself and my family (especially my son).

No comments:

Post a Comment