Monday, December 27, 2010

A "Five". Screw the day of the week...

1.When you’re sick in bed, do you prefer to be left alone or to be taken care of?

leave me alone
Leave. me. alone. Until I call for you. They you better move like that ass is on fire.

2.How difficult or cooperative are you as a patient?

Oh, my God, I am compliant. Give me drugs, give me shots, give me an IV if you must, just get me better.

3.It’s just a really bad cold so all you can do is ride it out. What are your strategies?

Usually I go to work. This way I get more bang for my buck...or virus, as it were, and I can knock a few kids out with it! Ah, I jest. Being diabetic and having a kid with a disease that requires regular doctor visits, I can't squander my sicks days. so I soldier on.

4.How ill do you have to feel in order to shut it down for the day?

Really? Well, it depends. If it's been a long long stretch with no vacation days, I might have to jet for a small thing. Usually though, I've had a doctor's appointment or my son has (and his are at Duke, so it's a major gotta-get-out-and -go-type thing) in the recent past, so I am cool. Now, back before I started teaching the academically gifted kids...hell, I could be having a bad hair day.

5.Waves of nausea are washing over you and through you. Do you fight them off, or do you just throw up to get it over with?

Oh, God, go ahead and shout Europe at the sink. Why stave off the inevitable? I've always been an easy puker. Lately, though, I will try and try and it just won't happen for me. I guess since last March's Barfest 2010 my body figures I've had enough vomiting for the year.

Photobucket

The above is really needed in my home. Usually one or the other kitty (and you can tell which one by the...expulsion) will have a hurk in the morning as I go to work and I am too late to clean it up. I need a tent sign to put over it 'til afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment