Monday, February 1, 2010

The Saturday Nine

1. Did you ever think that you'd be a star? If yes, doing what?



Oh my God, YES. At least I hoped I would be. I wanted to write movies when I was in 7th grade and act in them. I also had a burning desire to be a stand up comedian. This was back int he late 70's and Steve Martin was my idol. I used to watch TV and look at the LA-scape in the background of all the action and think "One day, I will be there! " I dreamed about, put it away and dreamed in my sleep about it. It wasn't until I was over 30 that I went to Los Angeles and had an absolute blast. I hope to take my son next year after he graduates from high school. He';s a writer, too, and he just needs to see it. See his Mamma's old dream of fame and fortune.

2. Tell us about the last time you had a romantic dinner.

Hmmmm...I am going to go out on a limb and say every dinner I have had with Tripp has been a romantic dinner. We've had our share of arguments, some down right blister-raisers, but for the most part we've had a very happy marriage. So, my last romantic dinner would be at home tonight, having fried cod, hush puppies, and fries. We watched "I Survived" and lamented the things the people feature had to go through.

3. Tell us about your worst job interview.

I'll tell you about one that I thought was my best but didn't get me the job: how about that? A few years back I interviewed with a principal at an early college. It was a fantastic position and I was really "on" for the whole interview. I was witty, the principal was a kindred soul and "got" me, we had laughs and got along famously. I felt super when I left the place.

And time passed.

And I heard nothing.

And I sent a thank you note.

And I heard nothing.

Then I got an email telling me the position had been filled. Crash. Burn. Repeat ad nauseum. Rejection's rough when you've got clinical depression.

4. Tell us about your stupidest date.

Actually, I've not had that many, No, seriously. Could be the time I went to a guy's house to see him because he was grounded (ha ha ha ha HAAAAAA!). Could be when Tripp took me out to run around on Highland Country Club's golf course in the dark. My night vision is seriously bad and I was tripping and stumbling what time I was not cautiously tip-toeing around.

5. How much in common do you think you should have with a romantic partner?

Well, I almost think having TOO much is detrimental. Tripp and I are very different, but we sort of have the same sense of humor. As far as interests go, he loves his HAM radio and his electronics, I love my books and writing. And never the twain shall meet, I suppose. But it's been working for the last 21 married years, and three single ones before that.

6. Tell us about a favorite meme that you loved but no longer posts.

Well...


but I also love



7. How did you get into blogging?

I used to belong to some USEnet groups and a mailing list or two, but when Livejournal came around I got hooked on it. It was a more personal format and I was able to control who my readership was, etc. I've been on the internet since 1994 and I've had some sort of journal presence since about 1999.

8. Do you share all your fantasies with a significant other?

Hell no! They wouldn't really be fantasies anymore! HA!

9. What change in your life would you like to happen this year?

Oh, God. Less stress. More peace. A better teacher. A better momma/wife/daughter. Better control over the two diseases that control me: diabetes and depression/anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment